The Children’s Museum Houston, located in the heart of the Museum District, offers a world of wonder and discovery for children and families. With a focus on hands-on, interactive learning experiences, the museum provides opportunities for children to explore, create, and engage with a wide range of educational exhibits and activities. A visit to the Children’s Museum Houston is a fun and enriching experience for children of all ages.
Exhibits and Activities
The Children’s Museum Houston features a variety of exhibits and activities designed to foster learning and creativity in children, including:
- Kidtropolis: This interactive exhibit simulates a real-life city, allowing children to take on different roles and responsibilities, such as managing businesses, voting in elections, and even earning a “paycheck.”
- PowerPlay: Focused on health and fitness, PowerPlay teaches kids about the importance of physical activity and nutrition through interactive games and challenges.
- EcoStation: Children can explore the natural world in this outdoor exhibit, which includes a wetlands area, a weather station, and a variety of hands-on activities related to environmental science.
- Invention Convention: This exhibit encourages young inventors to think critically and creatively, providing opportunities to design, build, and test their own inventions.
- Matter Factory: With a focus on chemistry and physics, the Matter Factory allows children to experiment with different materials and learn about the properties of matter.
- TotSpot: Designed specifically for children under 36 months, TotSpot offers a safe and engaging environment for the youngest visitors to play and explore.
The Children’s Museum Houston is located at 1500 Binz Street in Houston, Texas. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Thursday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The museum is closed on Mondays.
Admission fees are $12 for adults and children, and $11 for seniors aged 65 and older. Children under 1 year of age are admitted free. The museum offers free admission on Thursday evenings from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
The Children’s Museum Houston is wheelchair accessible and offers designated parking spaces for visitors with disabilities. The museum also provides assistive listening devices for guests who are deaf or hard of hearing.